[vdr] Re: freature request: transfer recording to secondary DVB card

Lauri Pesonen wrote:

> Hi list,
>
> Has anyone else been missing a menu item in the main menu which would stop
> recording on the primary DVB card and start recording the same show on a
> secondary DVB card. I.e. transfer an active timer from primary card to a
> secondary card.

Actually this feature already exists, but has been disabled because I thought
it would become obsolete once the full featured DVB cards can record and replay
in parallel. Unfortunately the firmware has its problems with this mode,
especially in case the OSD is used :-(

To reactivate it you can edit the file VDR/menu.c and locate the function
cRecordControls::StopPrimary(). In there you'll find a comment saying "disabled for the moment...".
Change the line following that comment, so that it looks like this:

     cDevice *device = cDevice::GetDevice(cDevice::PrimaryDevice()->Ca(), 0);

and I would expect it to work as you requested (haven't tested it yet with version
1.1.21, though).

Klaus