[vdr] Ring buffer overflows - system too slow?

Hi,

I am running VDR with one Nexus-s rev. 2.2 on a 133 MHz/64MB Pentium board with Kernel 2.4.20, newest CVS DVB driver and VDR-1.1.21

If I compile VDR with

#define DO_REC_AND_PLAY_ON_PRIMARY_DEVICE 1
#define DO_MULTIPLE_RECORDINGS 1

I get lots of "ring buffer overflow" messages while recording and the recording is damaged.

This happens
- Sometimes during recording alone
- Often when recording while replaying another recording or time shift

I had this messages on a 667 P-III system too, but that was during the "RTL affair" and may not be related to my present problems.

The strange thing is that sometimes a recording + replay is working stable with system load at abt 0.6 to 0.8 and on the next try I get the ringbuffer messages and the load rises to 1.2 - 1.5.

Maybe my system is simply to slow? Has anyone out there a single DVB-s setup working reliable with DO_REC_AND_PLAY_ON_PRIMARY_DEVICE etc. enabled and if so, on what kind of hardware?

Wolfgang