[vdr] Re: How to use 5.1 with VDR?

On Fri, Jan 17, 2003 at 09:56:52PM +0100, Jan Rieger wrote:

> Have you also tried my new version? The first patch was faulty.

Yes I have!!!

> Otherwise:
> If I'm remembering right there were problems with a few
> AV-Receivers from Yamaha and Sony (?).

Mine is a Thrustmaster from Hercules...
http://www.logicosoftware.ch/marketing/content/thrustmaster/multi/sound/index.asp

> Newer models and especially models wich can also play DTS sound
> should work.

I don't know whether it can play DTS or not???

> AC3overDVB can't work in live mode. You have to use transfer mode
> or replay recordings or dvd to get the multichannel streams working.

Well, that's a pitty: I didn't understand it that way :-(

> What have you played when you had the problems?

I have tried with four DVD, all having 5.1 and all playing perfectly on
my standalone DVD player on the same 5.1...

Thank you very much, and sorry for all the questions!!!

	Grégoire