[vdr] Re: OT: a rant regarding DVB-C cards

On Fri, 17 Jan 2003, Juha Pahkala wrote:
> I think we have a winner right here ;)
>
> s-video output, possibility to not use the dvb tv-out, acceptable price
> from usa-x.org (209,- or 219,- with a remote) are all good criterias. By
> the way, does anybody know whether the remote works in VDR with a 2.1
> revision dvb-c?
>
> Thank you very much everybody for your help, I'm ready to go shopping :)

  Now the only thing we do not know about the Siemens card is that if it
works better with simultaneous recording and playback, and simultaneous
recording of different channels (pids) on the same stream (frequency).
Hauppage crashes or creates garbled streams if you do not comment out
these features in dvbdevice.c.

--
Foreca Ltd                                           Jaakko.Hyvatti@foreca.com
Pursimiehenkatu 29-31 B, FIN-00150 Helsinki, Finland     http://www.foreca.com