[vdr] Re: How to get the VDR box silent

On Mon, 20 Jan 2003, Ondrej Wisniewski wrote:

>Hello everyone,
>
>I will be starting to assemble a VDR box soon, but in order to install it in the
>living room it should be quite silent (this would also help a lot to convince my
>wife of this project (-; ).

One solution is to use the VIA Epia motherboard. It's small (17x17cm), has
all you need and can be run fanless. At least mine runs just fine with a
DVB-c card. The only thing generating noise is the quiet Samsun HD. I may
have to put in a large 8cm fan somewhere to get rid of some heat (the
DVB-c card generates a lot of it), but it could be made to spin slowly and
thus being very silent (if not noiseless).

--
 The Emperor had all the qualifications for a corpse except, as it were, the
         most vital one.