[vdr] AW: Re: AW: Re: How to get the VDR box silent

> Von: Alessandro Pasotti [mailto:apasotti@isoleborromee.it]
> Gesendet am: Montag, 20. Januar 2003 15:23
> An: vdr@linuxtv.org
> Betreff: [vdr] Re: AW: Re: How to get the VDR box silent
>
> Alle 12:23, lunedì 20 gennaio 2003, Bläser, Lars ha scritto:
> > > Von: Alessandro Pasotti [mailto:apasotti@isoleborromee.it]
> > >
> > > I also put a sponge in front of the HD and on the side walls
> > > of the case, this
> > > also helps.
> >
> > mysty voice on:
> >
> > do not underestimate the power of the dark side .... ahhh
> no, meant HEAT
> >

> Let the silence be with you!
>
> > if you put isolation everywhere on your case you´re loosing
> the the case
> > itself for cooling, so you will need more airflow (noise)
> to compensate
> > maybe a heatpipe from a real hot spot (cpu, dvb-s) to the
> case will improve
> > that situation (a system with 2 full dvb-s, a strong cpu
> for divx and
> > encoding and 2 hdd´s produces a lot of heat)
>
> What do you mean for "heatpipe"? A plastic pipe ? Or a heat conductor?

its a closed pipe with different fillings (water, methanol, ...) under reduced pressure
works within a specified temperature area to transport heat from one end to the other with a loss of only 1 or 2 degrees
with that you are able to transport heat away to a cooler
ie http://www.zalman.co.kr/english/product/zm50-hp.htm

i modified that to fit it to my dvb-s, a better solution would try to use the case itself as heatsink