[vdr] Re: AW: Re: How to get the VDR box silent

Hi Emil,

> > ;o)) Well I am thinking about it. I was looking at a lot of cases the
> > other day (DIGN, LianLi 9400, Heatsinkcase, Coolermaster 600 &
> > 610, etc)., but they are somehow not quite "complete"
> >
> Here are some great cases:
> http://www.mb.digitalpowerhouse.net/
>
> Unfortunately these are not available yet.

>Look at www.ebay.de for the Multitainer. It works quite well and looks
>better than most standard PC cases.

You ARE kidding, aren't you?  Taste is a personal thing ;o)) "I"
think it looks just like a cheap CD player (really NO offense
meant!) .

However, purely from a technical design point, the MT has several
drawbacks: You can' t access the rear of any PCI cards from the
outside world, because FSC never designed the MT to be used as
a STB and once again this case is also missing the possibility to
insert a CAM & card from the front.

I have the Activy 300 from FSC whích almost suits my needs,
except:

- Still looks cheap somehow
- large display isn't possible
- max of 2 PCI slots (I'm working on a third one)
- missing parallel & serial ports(used internally)
- no gameport (okay, not that important)

I guess I am a little hard to satisfy, when it comes to cases ;o)) I
have also always had this problem looking for a suitable tower
case for my normal PC (so I ended up heavily modding a Chief ;o))

Somehow most manufacturers build cases en mas, but never
really seem to have actually used one of them to build a PC. I
have yet to a PC (HTPC or not) case which doesn't have at least
4 or 5 REALLY serious design flaws (sharp edges, unable to
access certain parts w/o having to dismantle 90% of the PC,
not enough drive bays, etc)

Greetz,
Reinhard

---