[vdr] AW: Re: AW: Re: AW: Re: How to get the VDR box silent

> > i modified that to fit it to my dvb-s, a better solution
> would try to use
> > the case itself as heatsink
>
> that is interesting. i have thought about that, too. what did
> you have to
> do to fit the heatpipe to the dvb-s? did you take the zm50-hp
> or one of
> the zm80-hp? how good does it actually fit on the dvb-s,
> because how i see
> it the hot spot on a video card is at a totally different
> place than on the dvb card.

took zm-50, i had to cut the delivered heatsink (lower part) and used "heat-tranfer-glue"

after i´m thru with it i´m not shure that it is woth the money (30 euro), maybe its enough to glue a simple big hetsink to the chip (if you find one that fits)
both sides of the heatepipe (heatsinks) getting warm/hot, wich maens it works, but i still need airflow to get rid of the produced heat (2xDVB-s and CPU), at the moment the PSU-fan does the job but if i decide to use a PSU without fan i´m back where i started
the real final solution would give the heat (with a heatpipe) directly to the case to have a real passive cooling, for the rest (hdd, chipset, ram) i would try to drill holes in the case

maybe the shuttle SS50 with cpu heatpipe and my 2 "heatpiped" dvb-s would work, but i don´t want to spent 350 euro to find out that it is not working or to noisy (anyone near wiesbanden with a ss50 to test it?)