[vdr] Re: Announcement: time plugin vdr-time-0.0.2

Am Mittwoch 22 Januar 2003 00:04 schrieben Sie:
> Hi Mario,
>
> Your plugin has a bug (not a feature ;o)) If I say no to
> analog clock (i.e want a digital one), but say yes to full
> screen, it shows me an analog clock  ;o)) I didn't look
> at the code, but I suspect it is a falsely set or missing
> parethesis sign.
>
> My 2 cents: Make your setup menu interactive: i.e. if
> I say no to analog clock, the setup should hide anything
> which has to do with analog clock (length & color of the
> hands e.g.) This allows a much cleaner menu apprearence
> and results in less user confusion. Another idea would be
> to ask what clock the user wants and integrate the above:
> I.e.
>
> BoolItem "What type of clock?",   data.clocktype "analog", "digital"
> if (!data.clocktype)
>   {
>     Add menu   (analog clock stuff)
>     Add menu   (analog clock stuff)
>  }
>

> Just some ideas ;o))
>

> Greetz,
> Reinhard
>

> ---
> Mail is certified Virus Free.
>

> ---
> Mail is certified Virus Free.

Hi Reinhard!

At the moment it is just planed, that the digital clock will automatically be
turned into an analog one in the full screen mode.

The interactive Menu is a very good idea! I will keep this in mind, but at
the moment I have no time for programming. I just have to learn.... but the
situation will get better in february. I just wanted to release the analog
clock before making a "learning-break".

The Thing with the analog/digital clock came to my mind too, but a little to
late for the release! Hopefully in the next version!

Thanks for your Mail!
--
Best regards
Mario Aistleitner