[vdr] Re: ANNOUNCE: mplayer.sh version 0.0.6a-jha

Andre Neumann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i've tried the new version, but it dont works with my MPlayer
> 0.90pre8-2.95.3. Im using this version of mplayer, because i've patched
> the source, so that i can use the dvb cards spdif for ac3.
>
> the patch dont works for newer versions of mplayer. So your mplayer.sh is
> not running, because mplayer hasnt the option -identify.
>
> Any suggestions ?

Well, you could try to use the getvidxy function from the version 0.0.4,
but be aware that you have to enhance it so that it gets the framerate
from the video. And it won't work with all video types, e.g. quicktime
won't work.
Actually, this old getvidxy function is ugly as hell and using the new
'-identify' option is the only clean way to get all the required
information _reliably_.

Sorry, but for the named reasons I won't support older mplayer releases
whithout this option.

Cheers,
Juri