[vdr] Re: A 16-channel vdr.

On Thu, 23 Jan 2003, Emil Naepflein wrote:

> On Thu, 23 Jan 2003 00:51:17 +0100, Carsten Koch <Carsten.Koch@icem.de>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi list,
> >
> > did you see this
> >     http://ask.slashdot.org/askslashdot/03/01/22/2041211.shtml
> > ?
> >
> > And I thought guys like Emil had extreme VDR systems... ;-)
>
> With a total of 7 DVB cards in three machines I am not to far away from
> this. :-)
>
> I have very seldom the case that more than 3 concurrent recordings are
> necessary. Even then I can find a alternative recording date with tvtv.
> And I am getting low on disk space. I am desperately waiting for the 320
> GB Maxtor to upgrade to 1.5 TB. :-)

The best feature in the last releases was the "record multiple streams on
same transponder". - Most of the german things are on 2 transponders:
1. RTL (including superrtl, rtl2, vox),
2. pro7 (sat1, n24, tele5, kabel1)

So with 2 DVBs you can record this 8 channels.

I have in my setup 4 DVB-s, but since the "record multiple streams" I
havent had any scenario with more then 2 concurrent DVB-cards used a while

I have just 560 GB (raid-0) in my system - but never used more then ~ 300
GB ....

Yes, we (me+girlfriend) watch all the stuff.

Yes, my girlfriend is tv-addicted ;)

Georg

--
 Georg Hitsch     ++ mail: georg@hitsch.at