[vdr] Re: How to get the VDR box silent

Hi,

>Surely, the Barracuda are too hot to put into the SilentDrive!!!?
>I have a couple of SilentDrive's (and a couple of Barracuda IV/V as
>well), and I would never put the cuda into the S.D.
>But then again, the drives are not too expensive nowadays, so maybe
>this is a decision that you actively made .. ;-)

It is true that I've calculated with a slightly shorter lifespan. I have,
however, also measured the temperature of the drive, sitting in the
SilentDrive, and it is well within the operational range of the drive
regardless of harddrive speed setting.

The temperature is of course slightly lower when the silent settings are
used.

I'm using Barracuda IVs but from what I've seen the V's dissipate less power
than the IV's so they should work as well!

In short, my three Barracuda IV's work fine with the SilentDrive and the V's
should work just fine too.

Best regards
 Sven