[vdr] Audio loss with Harman Kardon

To the folks on this list who own a Harman Kardon receiver (mine is a
AVR3000).

Since a couple of weeks I have the phenomen that when switching channels
or starting/stopping play of recordings, my receiver looses the audio sync
and remains silent (the two little speaker leds start blinking). Sometime
it takes only a few seconds, sometimes up to a minute until sound comes
back. Very annoying.

There were actually two changes when I started observing the problem. One
was vdr-1.1.20 the other one was, that I had to switch from optical Input
into the receiver to coax-input (because I moved my vdr-box into the
basement). My dvb-s is connected via SPDIF into my CMI8738-soundcard, and
from there (before via optic, now via coax) to my Harman Kardon.

Do others have observed the same?

Any input is appreciated.

BTW, this has nothing to do with the AC3-over-dvb-s. AC3-over-dvbs works
fine on my system but I experience the above mentioned with and without
the AC3-over-dvb-s patch.