[vdr] Networked TV

Hi!
First of all, I'm pretty new to the whole subject.
Here is what I would like to do: Because I don't have got any space for a TV
set, which isn't a problem, I want to watch on a PC. The trick is, that I
want to put the DVB card into my server, which is running all the time, so I
would be able to watch TV on my laptop too, but only one station at a time.
Here are he things I would like to do, which I didn't find any information on:
- Recieve the stream on the server and broadcast it to my net. Seems to be
possible with videolan.
- Watch on a client, but the Audio should be played back by the server. This
is not supported by videolan, I think.
- Watch with a windows or linux client, switch channels with some kind of gui,
and the already installed LIRC.
- Do Timeshifting (pretty important). I don't care if this is handeld by the
server or the client
- Be able to record with timers.

Now, everything should be possible with the VDR package, excpet the networking
part? My biggest question: As I do not need a TV out, a Nova card should
suffice? I believe that the only difference between the nova and the other
cards is the mpeg decoder chip?

I would greatly appreciate your answers, telling me what I can do and how, or
pointing me to the right direction. I've got some experience with Linux and
C-coding, so hacking a small patch might be possible, if you gave me a
starting point, first of what card I would need to buy.

Thanks in advance.

Phil

--
/"\