[vdr] Re: DVB-T stream corruption in Finland

At 16:11 23/01/2003, you wrote:
Perhaps the maximum packet size in UK is even higher than 16*, on some
channels at least?
I don't think so - 8* works fine. It looks like your fixes are mostly to transfer.c . So you're making sure oversized packages don't get sent or are stripped down or something? As far as I could tell, the pictures were repeated, doubled / trippled for some frames -- kind of rolling up the screen...

In remux.c it's only the increased buffer and some logging in remux.c as far as I can see.

I don't know what the standard says about this. Do you
get 'PES packet length overflow' -messages into the syslog?
Not at all (I made sure they are going in the esyslog like the other ones in remux.c). I got three continuity errors on tuning - fairly normal I guess...

When looking back the syslog from few days, I found one 'video data stream
broken' message, and it happened shortly after the channel change...
Latest thing I've done: I took the additional CPU saving stuff out of transfer.c and it now works fine with 1.1.13. CPU load in transfermode is not an issue with the older drivers anyway, so maybe that usleep "froze" the picture with that driver... :).

OK, I'm glad that works, this way I don't need to worry about what is wrong with the new driver / some channels / buffers in vdr 1.1.21 for now.