[vdr] some thoughts on multiple resuming points on recorded files

hi ppl,

at myplace, there is now a second vdr machine running, at i thought about
acessing recordings of the one machine with the other one. no problem.
but for each recording, there is only ONE point to resume the re-play of a
file. but indeed i want at least two. one for the replay on my vdr-machine.
one for the replay on my brothers vdr-machine. so i altered the code a bit.
and it works fine.
now i was wondering, wether some other ones would like to have it *gg*
but indeed there are some problems/ideas to it:
-what should be taken as identification? now i use the hostname. but some ppl
might say "lets take the username". but debating this, we considered, that
most ppl will probably have vdr running as "root" on all machines. anyways
using the username (instead of hostname) would allow me to continue watching
the recording, where i stopped (regardless of what vdr-machine i am using)
-would you prefer to expand the 4bytes large resume file (and somehow reduce
the slack therewith) and store the host(user)name next to every position, or
would you prefer using more files (resume.machineA, resume.machineB, ...) in
order to access the data quicker (by some means) and have a better overview,
when navigating through the recordings from command line.

any comments on this are welcome ;-)

best regards,
christian