[vdr] Re: some thoughts on multiple resuming points on recorded files

Christan Aistleitner wrote:

> -what should be taken as identification? now i use the hostname. but some ppl
> might say "lets take the username". but debating this, we considered, that
> most ppl will probably have vdr running as "root" on all machines. anyways
> using the username (instead of hostname) would allow me to continue watching
> the recording, where i stopped (regardless of what vdr-machine i am using)
> -would you prefer to expand the 4bytes large resume file (and somehow reduce
> the slack therewith) and store the host(user)name next to every position, or
> would you prefer using more files (resume.machineA, resume.machineB, ...) in
> order to access the data quicker (by some means) and have a better overview,
> when navigating through the recordings from command line.

I had a similar idea quite a while ago (vdr-0.8x ?) ...

used an setup paramerter "ResumeID" ( integer value )
to create and use different resume files:

resume.vdr
resume.1.vdr
resume.2.vdr
.
.

I somehow forgot it because I don't really need it myself
but I still think a feature like that is important
when different 'clients' are sharing the same video directory
on a server.

Martin

========== mailto:martin@hammerschmid.com ==========
=RSA-PGP-Key ID:0x81783FE7 DH-PGP-Key ID:0x6B66589A=