[vdr] Re: Networked TV

On Friday 24 January 2003 10:07 am, Phil Wittwer wrote:
> Hi!
> Well, looks like I got my starting point right there.

Yep, the work is basically all there, just needing some tying together...

I see from Rene's post that it's possible to use VDRADMIN to control
things, but I don't know if this will update the on-screen display, or just
'do it', if you get what I mean...

VDRADMIN is a very pretty web-based tool to control a VDR box from elsewhere
(bedroom, set up timers from someone else's house, use a PDA, etc.)

I don't own the
> hardware yet, and I didn't get into the drivers either - Some work on the
> roof to be done first. I will take a look and then post here again.

I see you have a German e-mail address - would you be using the DVB-T Nova or
one of the satellite-based cards?

> P.S.: Gavin, I couldn't find that post of yours - do you remember the
> subject, or could you forward it to me by PM? Thanks.

Yeh, it was buried pretty well..

The discussion quickly moved to another topic as you'll find =)

Cheers,
Gavin.