[vdr] How to split recordings into chapter for DVD

Hi,

I want to split a VDR recording into parts which later shall become "chapters" on a DVD. The splits shall be placed on scene boundaries. I can place markers at the desired positions the usual way in VDR but I have not found a solution to split the recording *without cutting*

I have looked into the cutting code in VDR and tosvcd, but because I'm not a C++ programmer I was not able to see a fast solution.

So before I dive deeper into this I want to ask the list if anyone knows of a trick or has a program/script that does what I want?

Wolfgang