[vdr] vdr + dxr3 plugin not quite right

Hello,

I am trying to setup VDR with a Nova-T and a DXR3 card. I am
mostly there but something is not quite right. I am using vdr
1.1.20 and the vdr-dxr3 0.1.4.

First, there are no channels defined since the machine is still
in my office and I have no TV arial there.

Using mplayer on the DXR3 works fine, the picture is very good.

The results are variable using VDR. I am using the keyboard as
remote, often the OSD will not appear when I press the menu key.
I don't think VDR has crashed but how can I tell?

When the OSD does appear the bottom part of it may be off the
screen and there is an odd flickering around the horizontal
edges of the blocks of colour in the OSD. Is this normal?

If I set the OSD height to the min value then I can just about
see the coloured buttons at the bottom of the OSD. My guess is
that something is going wrong with the video output when VDR is
started.

Sometimes VDR will just exit whilst I am using it. I may have
more than one problem here...

Any suggestions appreciated,

Regards,
Simeon

--
Simeon Walker,                      email: simeon@sbs.bangor.ac.uk
School of Biological Sciences,      phone: +44 (0)1248 383702