[vdr] Re: time plugin & vdr 1.1.22

Mario Aistleitner <liste@humpen.at> wrote:

> Am Sonntag 26 Januar 2003 19:05 schrieben Sie:
> > the plugin crashes while closing the OSD, and when switching to
> > fullscreen analog clock i can't see the bottom of the clock.
> >
> > b.t.w. i vote for renaming the plugin to clock! :-)
>
> I am just using vdr 1.1.20 and at the moment I have no time to upgrade
> to 1.1.22. I will look at this Problem in a week. Then I will have
> time again to look at this problem and hopefully fix it!
>
> I just changed the source code to "clock" instead of "time" so the
> next version will have the name "clock".

greate, thx.

BTW, did you have a look at the tetris position setup handling? i first
did it the same way as you, but felt very uncomfortable with it. then
i remembered the X --geometry option and tried it implement something
like that. IMHO, it is now very intuitiv to get the right screen
position.

 x  y
-9,-9 ... upper left pos
+9,-9 ... upper right pos
 0, 0 ... center pos

you get the idea?

i would like to know, what other user think about it and if we should
try to settle some kind of standart for that common setup options.

we have at least 3 different plugins, that need (have to) these setups
time/clock, tictactoe and tetris.

what do you (all) think?