[vdr] Re: AC3 over Soundcard (live and replay) (Was: AC3 5.1 - can someone "fix" -a in VDR 1.1.x - Please :)

Hello,

does that mean that we need a soundcard to use AC3 with DVB?

It took me lots of hard work to have an optical cable connecting my 5.1
to the DVB-s (I am not an electronic fan at all...), and all sent to
this list wasn't working for me...

Wouldn't it be possible to have a plugin that use the output of the
DVB-s?

Should I need a souncard?
Or the:
* It should be possible to do the `AC3 warpped into PCM'
  within the DVB driver (even for Live TV!) because the
  full featured cards provide a S/P-DIF out.

is a "near" futur?

Thank you very much,

	Grégoire