[vdr] Re: vdr Verhalten bei /video0 /video1 ...

> tobias.meyer-janson@sign-lang.uni-hamburg.de (Tobias Meyer-Janson)
> wrote:
> > > tobias.meyer-janson@sign-lang.uni-hamburg.de (Tobias Meyer-Janson)

> > What do I have I to take into
> > account that later playback/cutting/deletion works correctly?
>
> You only have to rename the primary directory.

OK, I tested that.
Renaming, moving, all on /video0 only and than playing works. But I
cannot set marks anymore - or more precise: the marks I set get lost if
I switch to another recording and than back. The resume file can be
writen correctly.
vdr is working as root and the manual modification was done as root
either (I know this is dangerous, but it's a test). Any idea what's
going wrong?
In the /var/log/messages vdr says "Too many open files".
What does that mean? (I ask about this error last week, too, but I did
not get any answer, yet.)

TMJ