[vdr] Re: vdr Verhalten bei /video0 /video1 ...

tobias.meyer-janson@sign-lang.uni-hamburg.de (Tobias Meyer-Janson)
wrote:

> Renaming, moving, all on /video0 only and than playing works. But I
> cannot set marks anymore - or more precise: the marks I set get lost if
> I switch to another recording and than back.

Now I found several files with o bytes length. Mostly resume files but
also some mpeg files. I assume that sometimes vdr is not able to write
data into a file, so that this happens when a recording is initially
created or by a cutting process. But I wasn't yet able to analyze if
some of this o-byte-files have had some contents.

I found this problem by analyzing the error messages in
/var/log/messages. Many errors where like this:
    ...vdr[1109]: ERROR: /video0/.../resume.vdr: No such file or
directory
And I found this files (e. g. resume.vdr) to be empty.

Some of the recordings I made the last days had this problem, some with
empty mpeg files, some without any problems.

How can this happen? Should I reinstall vdr? Use a newer version? Or is
this a problem of the operating system?

TMJ