[vdr] Re: EPG / tuning problem

Klaus,

Thank for the feedback :)

AFAIK so far all EPG is being read from the DVB data stream in the form
as the DVB standard originally defines it (I wonder why some tv broadcasters
believe they have to create their own standards...).
Sky broadcast seven days in advance, it's a hell of a lot of data. The still broadcast now and next, but decided to use there own format instead of now + next + next. In brief, their compressed data provides full program descriptions with PPV events etc too.

I use the data retrieved by the getskyepg.pl, which works just fine for me.
Yes, assuming that you're happy for the VDR machine to talk to the appropriate website. Pulling the realtime EPG feed from the satellite mean you can pick up recent program changes and delays.

The big benefit for me is.... seven days in advance and realtime changes where necessary, also - I don't have to feed the VDR from the web.

Regards,

Steve