[vdr] Re: A/V sync problems with new drivers

Am Freitag, 11. April 2003 17:03 schrieb Reinhard Walter Buchner:

> - The ARM 7 is capable of hardware scaling (pg 34) If Mplayer
> could utilize this capability, it could make a lot of people with
> low CPU power in their STBs happy. From what I have figured
> out of Mplayer it doesn't make use of this feature when doing
> an output via -vo mpegpes. However, this will probably only
> work with native mpeg 2 input streams ;o((.

mplayer makes use of it as far as I understood. But I did not understood how
dvbscale works. I understood that all kind of dvd-compatible resolutions can
be feed in. That means
352,480,702,720(maybe someother)x288,576. No matter if mpeg2 or 1.
I think dvbscale is what you speak about.

Greets

Steffen
--
If the human brain were so simple that we could understand it,
we would be so simple we couldn't.