[vdr] Re: A/V sync problems with new drivers

Am Freitag, 11. April 2003 20:09 schrieb Juri Haberland:
> Steffen Barszus wrote:
> > Am Freitag, 11. April 2003 17:03 schrieb Reinhard Walter Buchner:
> >> - The ARM 7 is capable of hardware scaling (pg 34) If Mplayer
> >> could utilize this capability, it could make a lot of people with
> >> low CPU power in their STBs happy. From what I have figured
> >> out of Mplayer it doesn't make use of this feature when doing
> >> an output via -vo mpegpes. However, this will probably only
> >> work with native mpeg 2 input streams ;o((.
> >
> > mplayer makes use of it as far as I understood. But I did not understood
> > how dvbscale works. I understood that all kind of dvd-compatible
> > resolutions can be feed in. That means
> > 352,480,702,720(maybe someother)x288,576. No matter if mpeg2 or 1.
> > I think dvbscale is what you speak about.
>
> My experience says that with a height of 288 (or 240) only a width of
> 352 is supported.

Yes your table made it more clear.

352x288
352x
480x
702x
720x576
for PAL.

And scaling this up to fullscreen is what the TI can do and in fact do. I
don't think the ARM can scale any resolution to fullscreen (Or maybe it can
but it currently do not so)

Greets

Steffen
--
If the human brain were so simple that we could understand it,
we would be so simple we couldn't.