[vdr] Re: Compile Error with AutoPID patch

Hi Klaus,

> uses it). Maybe you're not benefiting from this because it
> has only been introduced in VDR 1.1.18 and AFAIK you
> are still back at version 1.1.17.

Correct (as the everyday version). Of course, when I test
your new releases, I use a virgin copy of VDR and the DVB
driver (and no plugins) ;o))

> > the original swap and also rename this to VDRSwap (it's used
> > in two places IIRC). after that you'll no longer have a
> Of course you can do that in your version of VDR, but the core
> VDR code is not going to change in that respect. VDR, as stated
> above, doesn't

For me this was the quickest way to hack it, since there are two or
three plugins out there that use STL. Of course, the plugins should
follow the baseband core, but I wanted to *use* the plugins, rather
than rewrite or patch them (too ;o)). Since I am getting more and
more familiar with the VDR code, I took the easier of the two
routes for now ;o))

> (please let's not engage in a lengthy discussion about the pros
> and cons of STL

No, it's *your* project and *you* decide what you want to use.
Besides renaming "swap" to "VDRSwap" I didn't change anything
in that respect. (I think I'm using the same OS you are: Suse
7.3 Prof)

> Plugins, on the other hand, are free to do whatever they want.
> They may need to include teh STL header file before any of VDR's
> header files in order to make sure tools.h "sees" the necessary macro.

Yes, this may be a necessary revision for the plugins. If I can compile
all plugins, I would like to use w/o the changes, I'll gladly revert
the name back to the original when I port it to the 1.2 stable ;o)). I
am neither pro or con STL.

Greetz,
Reinhard

---