[vdr] Rotor power: Was (Re: Re: cool down of dvb 1.3)

Hi Reinhard,

Reinhard Walter Buchner wrote:
Hi Johannes,

i know this has been discussed before (heat "problem" of 1.3)
but another idea: would i help to feed the lnb with an external power
supply? so the dvbs doesn't need to provide the power?

I don't think this would help, because the tuner *doesn't* supply
LNB power ;o)) There are two chips on the DVB, which provide
LNB power. One is a bucking step-up converter (28V) and the
other is the LNBP chip, which finally supplies the LNB with
power. Both of these chips can easily handle the LNB power
needs (max 500mA as per specs). The boost convertor can
handle 3A cont (6A peak) and the LNBP can sink 900mA
continious duty.
Has this chips some short circuit protection?

I read the list and saw that the Rotor HH-100 is working with DVB-S.
So i bougth one. In a hurry i set it up(the sun was on its way down, and it start to snow and i was like a child on Christmas Eve :p )
When i start my machin it didn't move :/ finding out that i put
the LNB cable in the reciver's input on the rotor :/

Do you still use your HH-100?
What Rev do you have on your card?

If i manage to get a new card rev2,1 or 2,2, i still have guarantee on it. Is it safe to use it with out any LNB power amplifier and
have the right connection on it :o)

::Beppe