[vdr] Re: vdr + dxr3 problem

On Friday 18 April 2003 20:16, Jarkko Santala wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I started using vdr with dxr3 plug-in yesterday and its now working pretty
> well. There's a small problem with the stream, every now and then (once a
> minute to once in five minutes) the picture shows a frame or two of
> greenish distortion and a few frames of just black and then returns to
> normal. A/V sync is not lost, but sometimes there's also a small snap in
> the sound.

Yes, that's a new bit error handling introduced in 0.1.7. For 0.1.8 I will
change this again because it seems to cause more trouble on systems where bit
errors are likely. On systems which have no problems with bit errors (like
mine) it doesn't provide any advantage.

> The DVB and em8300 drivers are fresh from cvs, vdr-1.1.27 and dxr3-0.1.7a.
>
> I wasn't having this problem before with my previous setup of older set of
> drivers and a combination of tzap + dvbstream + mplayer. Any clues on what
> to try would be welcome, I can also test patches.

Just wait a little bit a new version is coming soon.

Have fun,

Kai