[vdr] Re: Multiple Card Setup Problem

Hi Klaus,Oliver,all,

Yes, this fix works perfectly. Here is what I tried:

Set Primary Limit to 0
1. card Rev 1.3 no CI
2. card Rev 1.6 with Ci

First instant recording: Pro 7 (VDR uses card 1)
Second instant recording: Kabel 1 (VDR uses card 1 as this is possible)
Third instant recording Premiere 4 (VDR uses card 2 as expected)
Timeshifted replay of Pro-7 above
Works great!! (at least no problems during the 30 minute run ;o))
Thanks!

something new:

I herewith redraw all my complaints against Convergence about
not implementing a SPDIF mute routine (at least for FTA
channels ;o))

I *now* found out why the Mute button doesn't work with digital
SPDIF output ;o)) When you mute VDR's output your ToggleMute only
sets Volume to zero. However,you can't control the digital volume
output, so in order to mute the SPDIF output, here is what I did:

In dvbdevice.c:

void cDvbDevice::Mute(void)
{
  if (fd_audio >= 0) {
     CHECK(ioctl(fd_audio, AUDIO_SET_AV_SYNC, false));
     CHECK(ioctl(fd_audio, AUDIO_SET_MUTE,(cDevice::
     PrimaryDevice()->IsMute())? false : true));
     }
}

and in vdr.c I changed:

case kMute:
               if (key == kMute) {
                  ((cDvbDevice*)cDevice::PrimaryDevice())->Mute();
                  if (!cDevice::PrimaryDevice()->ToggleMute() && !Menu)
                     break; // no need to display "mute off"
                  }

Now VDR mutes all sound outputs when hitting kMute.

Grrr! Well is does so for FTA channels! I just did some more
testing:

- on an encrypted channel and here it only mutes the analog
   part. Sh..!

- trying this with a replay recording doesn't work for SPDIF out

- MP3 Plugin: Here ist even messes up the sound. Although the
   mute part works just fine it somehow can't resync on demute,
  which results in a hacked noise ;o(, which can only be stopped
  by stopping and restarting replay.

Klaus: any idea, why it doesn't work for the above points?
For FTA channels the changes work perfectly. I'm out of ideas
right now ;o(

@Oliver Endriss:
Sorry it took me a while to get back to you. Do you remember
our discussion about Zweikanalton? Well I tried to use the
ioctl calls like

CHECK(ioctl(fd_audio, AUDIO_CHANNEL_SELECT, AUDIO_MONO_LEFT));

but it doesn't work ;o(( Neither for digital nor analog output.
During live view you hear no difference between:

AUDIO_MONO_LEFT
AUDIO_MONO_RIGHT
AUDIO_STEREO

and if you use such an ioctl call during MP3 replay it screws
up the sound (similar to my supposed solution for SPDIF
above out).

Greetz,
Reinhard

---