[vdr] Re: maximum cable length for wintv nova-s

On Mon, 21 Apr 2003, M. Fiegert wrote:

> I fight with my nova card for a long time now (eg. did ask everybody at
> the real life meeting last year).
> I checked a lot,  improved a lot but still have problems. They started
> when I moved to the new P4 2.26GHz computer.
> I never had problems with  the nova in an old K6-2.  DVB-s card workes
> always perfect in both computers!

One thing I can say about my budget WinTV Nova-T card is that it has never
worked with any VIA chipset motherboard I've tried, Sockat 7 or Socket A,
doesn't matter, it just gave huge amount of errors in stream.

No problems with SiS (my previous K6-2+ setup and a Duron system I had)
or nVidia nForce (my current Athlon XP system).

	-jake

--
Jarkko Santala <jake@iki.fi>            http://www.iki.fi/~jake/
System Administrator                    2001:670:83:f08::/64