[vdr] Re: [Bug Report] No Recordings visible during ...

On Mittwoch, 23. April 2003 18:23 Ralf Klueber wrote:
> I am pretty satisfied with vdr, so I want to appologize for sorting out
> an additional bug ;-). Perhaps this bugs happens between my hairs and my
> fingers ;-)).
>
> I noticed during an instant recording or an activ cutting process, that
> the list of recordings is empty when looking at it. Of course there are
> recordings prior to that and they are also on the disc if I look manualy
> in the video folder. After the prozess has finished or the timer ends of
> course all the recordings are there again. Nothing lost, but ...
>
> When duing time shift this is anoying, because you press the instant
> recording buton and you change to the recording list to look again and
> use the live tv pause functionailty youre not able to see anything of
> your recording.
>
> This happens here with vdr 1.1.25. Has anyone similar experience?

I must say that this (quite odd) behaviour has never happened here, yet. I use
a single DVB-S (rev 2.1) together with 1.1.28 (but I've been using all other
developer-versions in my living-room, as well) and for me it is common
practice to do timeshift. That also incorporates that I begin editing a
recorded video when I reached the end of the timeshifted recording (i.e. when
skipping commercials). So, I frequently switch what is replayed, while
recording one (sometimes even two) other channels. I've never missed any
recordings in my menu. When cutting more than one video, I even start editing
the second one *while* the first one is being cut.

You see, I should have encountered this problem by now ;))

Greetings,
Sascha Volkenandt