[vdr] Re: SV: Converting .vdr , ds.jar with MacOS X ...

Hi !

hmmh, it seems that the last 2 mails from me just got send to you and not the mailinglist :-/
i hope this one will go the right way ...

Tomas Prybil wrote:

Sur I would like to test what you come up with.
Which authoring system would you recommend?
ok, Authoring Programs..

In fact there are only a few of them on the Mac:

- idvd ( only supports internal Pioneer-DVD-RW-Burner )
(free for Users with Superdrive equipped Mac !)

- DVD-Studio Pro (supports all kind of Burners , even got the ability to assemble image you could burn with toast.
(it's Pro-Software , a lot of features, but relatively expensive and not so easy to use as idvd , captydvd ..)

- Formac Devideon ( supports only their own Formac Devideon Burner )

- CaptyDVD ( supports all burners )
( at the moment it's offically available only in japan, but you can download it via a website in japan , and install it (installation routine is also in japanese! ) , after that and with a key bought before you can activate and use it in english .

As a conclusion also for .vdr files converted with ds.jar i would recommend DVD Studio Pro as it supports all kind of input formats and outputs / burners .. (got the ability to test it at my old work and its quite nice :-) but a bit "difficult" to learn ..you need some time ...)

If you have a Superdrive-equipped mac , just use idvd , ist nice , easy and fine :-)

CaptyDVD is also quite nice , but a friend of mine just told me , that it doesn't fills the dvd right up to its limit .
(he tries to author 2 films with a total of 4.1GB and the Program told him that the DVD is to big to get burned ?!)

ok, to say something about my planned tool for ds.jar :

I hope i will have some time this weekend and the following to get a first testversion together ..

Stay tuned ;-)

Bye, Markus