[vdr] Re: Convert VOBs/MPEG2 with AC3 to VDR files

Lars Bläser wrote:

> you could use a mpeg editor (womble, ...) and cut it as PS instead of
PES

Does the womble MPEG editor support AC3? If so, is the sound really in
sync?

> for what reason you took the MP2 sound?
> every dvd-player does a 5.1->2 convert, does make things more
complicated
> (btw. i would like to have a engl. AC3)

I just kept it because I did not know if this is some kind of a
'special' dolby surround downmix. On some productions, dolby surround
and dolby digital tracks might be mixed differently to avoid distortions
caused by phase shifts etc. when mixing down 5.1. As 2-channel-3D sound
is not always compatible to mono devices, the same could happen to 5.1
and stereo.

Jörg