[vdr] Re: Software replay plugin Was: SPDIF out

Hi,

some basic questions:

Mike Pieper wrote:
> Currently I have X11 running in a 1024x576 resolution (16:9) which
> allows to display interlaced content fine.=20

Could you please explain more how this is working? Do you use a software
deinterlacer? Or is the interlaced material really output=20
1) 1:1 in size and=20
2) in sync with the TV out of the graphics card
so that you get the same image quality like using the TV out of the
DVBs? What about other interlaced material like DVD files? Is the field
order of the interlaced file determined and output correctly?

I think, displaying interlaced videos like on a stand alone player
(using perfect scaling, syncing and no deinterlacer) is one of the
biggest problems of current graphic cards and Windows, so I would like
to know if the situation is better on Linux.

Additionally, using the TV out together with a DVBs would have the big
advantage for me of being able to use S-Video or RGB output that a DVB
Nexus-s does not offer anymore.

With kind regards

J=F6rg