[vdr] Soft-player-backend (was Re: Re: SPDIF out)

Gavin Hamill schrieb:
On Friday 25 April 2003 16:55, you wrote:

Hi

On a seperate note, I'm looking at implementing a software only replay
plugin for vdr.  Is anyone else working on something like this?

We're looking for someone to do this for a long time.

A hint of mine:

The simpliest way to implement a soft-based A/V-backend to VDR would be to patch the MPlayer-plugin. It's dedicated to replay several kinds of video/audio-formats by Mplayer (This would save the work to get A/V in sync, as it is handled by MPlayer and MPlayer provides a lot of different output-devices). As it is a working plugin to replay files, you'd only need to add replay-classes and an OSD-renderer which both could be taken from the DXR3-plugin.

So merging MPlayer- and DXR3-plugin would be the simpliest solution.

Rene