[vdr] Re: Software replay plugin Was: SPDIF out

Mike Pieper schrieb:

The player plugin what I wrote is based on Xine. I tried libmpeg2,
MPlayer and GStreamer before. With libmpeg2 I got a really nice picture
and good behavior, but I had no audio. I stopped working on that having
in mind that audio support and sync support will be difficult to
implement. With mplayer I had very fast success, but it was not so
stable. Mplayer doesn't like when the stream changes and it don't likes
fast forward/backward.
Which versions of MPlayer did you try? There were problems with streaming from the stream-plugin which don't seem to come up in the later versions of Mplayer. Seems they improved streaming support.

Also it was not possible to stop mplayer taking
the X events. Therefore when I pressed ESC (which is mapped to 'Back' in
my setup) Mplayer quits a.s.o. With GStreamer I got nothing to play.
The xine plugin currently has problems with fast channel switching and
with replay of recordings. It needs some patching in vdr and in xine.
What I like on xine is, that it supports OSD. Currently I'm painting the
OSD directly on the X-window.
What about using the VDROSD2VOBsub-renderer from the DXR3-plugin and simply muxing the resulting VOBsub-stream into the A/V-stream? That way any VOBsub-capable player can be used to display audio, video and OSD of VDR.

Rene