[vdr] Re: ANNOUNCE: vdr-osdteletext-0.3.1

Am Samstag, 3. Mai 2003 21:27 schrieb Andreas Kool:
> > The patch should not affect plugins. Some changes however have a good
> > chance of doing just that. Any plugin failure cause by the autopid patch
> > should be fixed in the autopid patch and _NOT_ in the plugin unless it is
> > truely a bug of course.
>
> I *think* the vdr-osdteletext plugin have problems with these horrible
> TPIDs from the autopid-patch (as i stated yesterday)
>
> If you are tuned to a channel with valid TPID, the osdteletext-Plugin
> works just fine. If you are tuned to a channel with say TPID=471147110815
> vdr crashes after some minutes.

Apart from the fact that PIDs only have 13 bits, I think that the plugin not
only will not, but _should_ not contain workarounds for autopid patches.
It simply gets the pid via channel->TPid() and passes them to the receiver.
The rest should be completely tranparent to the plugin. It either gets
teletext data or it does not.
There may be a bug that shows up only with these strange values, so if this is
the case I will add an extra check (because a plugin should never segfault
either ;-) ), however no specific workarounds please!

Marcel