[vdr] Re: ANNOUNCE: Client/Server Streaming (vdr-streamdev-0.0.3beta1)

Gavin Hamill schrieb:
On Thu, May 08, 2003 at 09:16:24PM +0200, Sascha Volkenandt wrote:

Hello list,

This is intermediate beta release 0.0.3beta1 - things should be better now but don't blame me if things are worse ;)))

Please report any bugs that changed and didn't change since 0.0.2 !!!

Hi Sascha :)

Just thought I'd check in with a little 'issue' - I'm not sure if it's a bug in your plugin, though...

I've been using the VideoLAN client 0.5.3 from www.videolan.org - it's generally and excellent client and does not rely on Windows 'codecs' - it does everything internally, written from the specification documents, rather than being based on sample files...

The problem is when I access a stream using the HTTP server of your plugin, I hear no sound.

Did you try MPlayer? It works fine (except the buffering and receiver-thread problems - I'll check 0.0.3beta on weekend).

Rene