[vdr] Re: DVB over emu10k1 !?

Rene Bartsch schrieb:
Am Die, 2003-05-13 um 12.41 schrieb Onno:

We "only" need the stream from bitstreamout.
If one would directly incorporate liba52 into it, you
would stick to OSS and it would probably be illegal.

What would be illegal? liba52 is GPL, isn't it?
uncompiled its as legal as a book about chemicals suitable
for bombs, but put into use .....

For real details ask Dr. Werner Fink from Suse GmbH, who made the
bitstreamout plugin, states that he didn'timplement decoding, because
of the uncertain legal status

Also other things mplayer would make possible
(like lirc volumecontrol,audiofilters) would'n be available.

You need a real A/V-soft-backend for VDR.
Me? Why do you think, and what comes to your mind when you talk
of a A/V-soft-backend ?

I _need_ only very few things, but i _like_ to have everything controled
by remote's and wired up until everything can be used without
re-plugging manualy.

So vdr is my no-1 front-end, while mplayer can fill most of the
little gaps which might remain, the rest is handeled by shell scripts
and little helper tools we all know ,
(mjpegtools, dvb driver tools, cat, echo, grep, sed, find,...)

So thats why i ask, what do you have in mind when talking of a
A/V-soft-backend (real question)?

Rene

Regards Onno