[vdr] vdr-dvd doesn't see my dvd ??

Hello to all from France,
First of all, thanks for your efforts on the software, It rocks !
Still not production stage for me (started in December, switched in March from
1.0.4 to dev), but I enjoy the sleepless nights and little progress...

Here is my issue :
I installed vdr 1.1.129, I run Mandrake 9.1
Vdr and common plugins (mp3, Mplayer, DVD) load just fine, as I can see them
in the "plugin menu", play MP3 and avi.

But the entry for DVD does not appear on vdr main menu.
The dvd can be mounted or not, shortcutted to
-P"dvd -C /mnt/dvd" or /dev/hdc
or not

I had Xine installed before, that could read DVDmovies.
(BTW Lord of the Rings plays fine, but Madonna world tour 99 has saturated sound)
I routinely use the device for Divx, and can browse a dvd
structure when mounted.

Can you point me in some direction ?

Thanks

David