[vdr] Re: Shutdown after Recording - is that a bug ?

Christian Jacobsen wrote:

> Hallo,

> > No.
> > The MinUserInactivity isn't taken into account if no user action was
> > takes the whole time...
> > IIRC instead the MinEventTimeout value is used?!
>
> OK, I think i have found a bug ! Or it is a Feature that one should be able
> to control ;)
>
> Here is the part of the Manual.
>
>   Min. event timeout = 30
>   Min. user inactivity = 120
>                          If the command line option '-s' has been set, VDR
> will
>                          automatically shutdown the computer if the next
> timer
>                          event is at least MinEventTimeout minutes in the
> future,
>                          and the user has been inactive for at least
>                          MinUserInactivity minutes. Setting
> MinUserInactivity
>                          to 0 disables the automatic shutdown, while still
>                          retaining the possibility to manually shutdown the
>                          computer.
>
> "-s" ist set, now set to the following : "MinUserInactivity = 240" and
> "MinEventTimeout = 90".
> Reading this would mean that after 4 Hours VDR would shutdown if there was
> no recording within the next 90 min.
>
> This did _not_ happen here and it does the same thing every day when
> recording ! The PC Started before the recording and after finishing the
> Recording it does a shutdown if there is no recording in the next 90 min.
> and it does not take MinUserActivity into account !!
>
> This is a bit annoying as I in the evening record the News and watches it
> 30-40 min. after it has finished recording. But then VDR is shut down
> because no one touched the remotecontrol while it was recording :(
>
> It would be nice if this was controllable. Maybe an option which makes one
> able to sets this behaveour as it is now or as it is Documented to be.
> Default could be like it is now.

AFAICS the program behaves exactly as documented.
If VDR is started because of a pending recording and there is no
user interaction during the recording, it simply shuts down after
finishing the recording (and if there is no further recording within
the next "Min. event timeout" minutes. The "Min. user inactivity"
simply doesn't apply in this situation, since there simply was no
user interaction.

Maybe you want to increase the value of

#define SHUTDOWNWAIT   300 // seconds to wait in user prompt before automatic shutdown

Klaus