[vdr] Re: VDR Bug: Question on CAM behavior

Hi Klaus,

> > As you are going in for the 1.2.0 Did you fix the CAM
> > reset DAU problem? I.e. in older VDR versions you
> > could initiate a CAM reset from the CAM menu even
> > if VDR was recording a movie. This killed VDR. I
> > mentioned at the time it would be a good idea to include
> > a reset prevention mechanism in case someone
> > accidently (or like me: on purpose ;o)) hits the CAM
> > reset button during a running recording.

> Since the solution for this is as simple as "just don't do it"
> I guess I won't change it for 1.2.0. But I promise I'll do it
> after that. In the meantime, just don't shoot yourself in the foot ;-)

Okay ;o)) Normally of course it would be foolish to do
this, but I like playing DAU and accidents do happen.
I think a simple check cDevice: IsRecording ? true : false in
front of the actual Reset call is safe enough to prevent this.

 > > There was also a problem of VDR not being able to restart
> > correctly in case a timer (on an encrypted movie) was
> > running. I.e. VDR needs to initiate the CAM initialisation
> > and checking completely before processing any kind of
> > timer info (priority problem). Otherwise the recorder

> Please try if increasing
> #define MAXNONUSEFULDATA (10*1024*1024)
> to, say, 100MB or even more makes a difference, or just comment out
> the lines
>
>         if (exitOnFailure)
>            cThread::EmergencyExit(true);
>
> (both in remux.c). Maybe it just takes too long until it gets decrypted
> data. You might also want to check your log file to see whether in these
> cases you got an entry "ERROR: no useful data seen within nnn byte of

> Let me know if this helps. If so, I might change it for 1.2.0.

I'll try it if I find the time (can't promise tho). What you can try is
record an encrypted movie & pull the smartcard while recording.
Sooner or later VDR will restart and that's it. It will always call
the occuring timer before the CAM has initialised completely
(*works* for me for both the Alpahcrypt (takes longer to
initialize) and the MagicModul (which has a pretty quick init
time). Since the recorder can't find any useful data it Em-Exits.
This is why I said it's a priority problem. VDR should first make
sure the CAM is ready to decrypt before launching any kind of
recording action (even if this means the timer should have
already started as would.be the case after a Em-Exit & Restart)

Greetz,
Reinhard

---
Mail is certified Virus Free.