[vdr] Re: mailing-list broken?

On Sat, 30 Aug 2003, Robert Schiele wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 30, 2003 at 11:39:20PM +0200, Robert Schiele wrote:
> > I agree with Klaus here.  Why should the ML-Software do filtering here?  If
> > someone does not want his mail address in his mails, he is free to just not
> > put it in his mails.  In my opinion it is not sensefull to put some
> > information in a published document and then blame someone else not to have
> > removed it.
>
> Ah, forget what I have said.  This mailing list is configured to not accept
> mail from persons not subscribed, so this is not possible.  Stupid me!  ;-)
>
> Still, I am of the opinion that information should not be filtered.

  Someone could set up a hotmail account, register it to mailing list,
post with the hotmail email address, and read the list with another
address or web archive and ignore all mail on the hotmail account.  I also
think that someones privacy concerns are his private problem.

--
Foreca Ltd                                           Jaakko.Hyvatti@foreca.com
Pursimiehenkatu 29-31 B, FIN-00150 Helsinki, Finland     http://www.foreca.com