[vdr] Re: vdr hangs...

At Montag, 1. September 2003 00:20 David wrote:
> Earlier all works fine;
> I have vdr-1.2.2 and the linuxdvb-2003_06_17 driver.
>
> The i patched my kernel with the i2c patches to get sensors running, and
> then the problem occures (I guess...).

That shouldn't be a problem, since I am using an (new) i2c-enabled 2.4.20
kernel together with DVB.

> OK, then I download kernel 2.4.22 to get a new clean kernel but the
> problem isn't gone....
>
> [...]
>
> ALWAYS 100% CPU Usage!
>
> And the worst thing: Can't halt my linux, because vdr doesn't want to
> quit....
>
> very bad...any suggestions?

That's indeed very strange. The only thing I've ever encountered (but I
believe it didn't hang so badly) is when VDR was compiled without NO_KBD=1
and then launched into the background, it was waiting (looping) for a
keypress out of "nowhere" (because in background there is no stdin)
indefinitely. When starting vdr with </dev/null, it was gone.

This probably doesn't fix your problem, but maybe it even does.

Greetings,
Sascha