[vdr] Re: Switching off

Am Fre, 2003-09-05 um 21.34 schrieb richard_robson@beeb.net:
> On Fri, 2003-09-05 at 20:01, mark.carline wrote:
> > I guess the whole power on / power off / shutdown thing is fairly new to
> > vdr and perhaps theres scope for a "plugin" somewhere (hit hit!)
>
> Er why?  VDR has a good shutdown facility, what more could you want it
> to do than it doesn't already?
>
> It can shutdown from the remote control using the power button.
> Poweroff after a certain amount of inactivity.
> It can wake up the PC for timer recording (using nvram-wakeup)
> Using the power functions (apm/acpi) of your PC you can use the power
> button on the front of the PC to send VDR a shutdown command using VDR's
> SVDRP.
>
> Err don't think I've missed anything, anyone know how to switch on the
> PC using the power button on a remote?

If you use the LIRC-serial receiver you could connect the data-pin of
the TSOP1738 to DCD and RING instead of DCD-only and provide power by 5V
VSB instead of serial port. When setting wake-on-ring your PC would
react on any infrared signal as it is passed to RING.

There are also some projects to have extended functions with
micro-processors, but therefor you need a PCB and extended soldering.

--
Rene Bartsch

Facsimile/Phone: +49 7 00/72 27 87 24
Mail:  rene@bartschnet.de