[vdr] Re: Switching off

On Fri, 5 Sep 2003, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:

>Jan Ekholm wrote:

>> >Well, you would at least have to write
>> >
>> >  vdr --shutdown="/usr/bin/sudo shutdown -h now"
>> >
>> >otherwise only "/usr/bin/sudo" would be assigned to the shutdown script
>> >name. However, VDR adds several parameters to that call, so whether or
>> >not this actually works will depend on whether 'shutdown' can tolerate
>> >these.
>>
>> What would VDR add to the call and why?
>
>See VDR/INSTALL. Keep in mind that some people want their VDR to
>automatically reboot in time to do the next recording ;-)

Ok, I only read the info in MANUAL and the man-page, so I missed that.
Well, then a simple script as you suggest in INSTALL would work well too.
We mainly shutdown the box if it needs to be quiet, for example if we have
guests sleeping over in the living room. But it makes perfect sense.

Can one btw assume that after calling the given application VDR does
nothing of its own to shutdown, it expects the be terminated externally by
the called application/script?

--
 The Emperor had all the qualifications for a corpse except, as it were, the
         most vital one.