[vdr] Re: [ANNOUNCE] vdr-xine-0.0.2 plugin

Yes, they can be put somewhere else. Which directory would you suggest? I
think "/dev" would not be a good idea.

I'd like to change this in the evening. What do the other list members
suggest as directory and as extension for the fifos?

I think the path should be fully configurable via command-line. If you copy the getopt-code from some other plugin (most of them parse using getopt), it should be ready-to-go in a few minutes :-).

The device names are ok for me at the moment. Maybe something like dropping the extension would be just fine, as devices usually don't have an extension.

Greetings,
Sascha

But there should be a default path which is used when the parameter is missing.
I would suggest /tmp/vdrxine or /vdrxine as default

--
Helmut Auer, helmut@helmutauer.de