[vdr] Re: [ANNOUNCE] vdr-xine-0.0.2 plugin

On Tue, 09 Sep 2003 11:08:00 +0200
Klaus Schmidinger <Klaus.Schmidinger@cadsoft.de> wrote:

> Where are other fifo files typically put in a Linux file system?
> I would assume that others must have had to make this decision
> before...

Maybe /tmp or /var/tmp, but this way the plugin has to check the
existence of the fifos every time it starts and eventually recreate
them, many people (and distros) are used to clean up /tmp on boot.
Well this for the standard place, in future releases a command line
option for device dir may be added.

Once the definitive path has been decided we all users of
xineplugin will modify our scripts to start xine-ui accordingly to the
new MRL.

Bye,
   ANgelus.

@Reinhard: when you have time for detail could you please hide the main